Here’s a quick mid-week reminder that Grant School’s annual Jog-a-Thon is happening on the soccer field this Friday, October 19th. Event parking will be available thanks to our friends at the Westside Church. Here are the running times :
1st & 4th: 8:30 – 9:00
TK & 3rd: 9:00 – 9:30
Preschool: 9:30 – 10:00
2nd & 5th: 10:00 – 10:30
Kindergarten & 6th: 10:30 – 11:00
7th & 8th Color Run: 2:00 – 2:30
Here are a couple of things to remember:
1. Family and friends are invited and encouraged to come run with our students. Parents can also volunteer for water and marking laps. For our 7th and 8th grade Color Run, we would love to have more parents volunteer to throw some color and mark laps. If you are available to help, please arrive at the field at 1:45.
2. While it is a fun family event, for the safety of our students please do not bring dogs to school.
3. Please make sure that your student wears comfortable running shoes. A hat is a good idea as well.
4. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to refill so we can minimize the waste of paper cups.
5. For the Color Run, sunglasses are encouraged and students should wear white clothes that can be ruined because they will probably not survive. Students need to bring a change of clothes. Trash bags will be provided to take the colored clothes home. Parents can come pick up their students as soon as the Color Run is over. Students that are riding the bus will be taking the normal 3:00 bus run.
This is going to be a great day. Remember, all of the proceeds from this event will go directly to your student’s classroom. We appreciate your support. Let’s Make Every Day Count and get jogging. GO COUGARS!