The objectives of the Grant School PTO are to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among the parents, the school, and the community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Grant School.
- Supplement equipment and supplies.
- Increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
See the Grant School PTO Bylaws for more details.
|The PTO DOES
|The PTO Does NOT
|Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school.
|Run the school.
|Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school.
|Force parents to participate in PTO and/or school activities.
|Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs.
|Set policy regarding school programs.
|Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
|Define the school’s curriculum.
|Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology.
|Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school.
|Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues.
|Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies.
|Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget.
|Control the school’s budget.
|Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism.
|Set educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors.
|Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs.
|Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees.
|Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools.
|Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern.
|A LOT ! ! !
|DO EVERYTHING ! ! !
This PTO is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.