The objectives of the Grant School PTO are to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among the parents, the school, and the community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Grant School.
- Supplement equipment and supplies.
- Increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
See the Grant School PTO Bylaws for more details.
|The PTO DOES||The PTO Does NOT|
|Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school.||Run the school.|
|Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school.||Force parents to participate in PTO and/or school activities.|
|Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs.||Set policy regarding school programs.|
|Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.||Define the school’s curriculum.|
|Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology.||Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school.|
|Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues.||Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies.|
|Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget.||Control the school’s budget.|
|Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism.||Set educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors.|
|Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs.||Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees.|
|Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools.||Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern.|
|A LOT ! ! !||DO EVERYTHING ! ! !|
This PTO is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.