December 3, 2018December 6, 2018
Monday January, 7 2019January 10, 2019
A message from GRANT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Good Monday evening everyone. This is Mr. Freeman with your weekly update on this, the last week of school before our Winter Break. As you can imagine, it is a busy week around Grant so let’s get started…
- Tomorrow we will have our TK-6th grade Winter Concert happening in the morning. That will be in the Watson Gym from 8:45 to 9:45. Event parking will be available and I am asking folks to be patient with seating because we will be flipping this around with the kids in the bleachers and the seating set up on the gym floor. It might take us a little bit of time to get things set up for you. On Wednesday, the Winter Concerts continue with our Band and Choir groups. Their shows will be Wednesday in the Watson Gym at 1:15 and 6:00. Music Boosters will be on hand selling their very popular Jamba Juice punch cards. We will try to make sure that all of our winter concerts will be streamed on our Grant School Facebook page for far away family and friends.
- Also happening this week is the deadline for our PTO boxtops and dimes challenge. Bring in your boxtops and/or your dimes for PTO by 3:00 this Wednesday to help your student’s class win a prize.
- On the PTO front, this Thursday will be the deadline for the parking space raffle so be sure to get in on that for you chance to win a prime parking spot starting in January. I do want to thank PTO for their help this year with our Secret Santa project. Thanks to some very generous folks, we are able to spread a little bit of holiday cheer around to those that could use it.
- Speaking of spreading holiday cheer, we have restocked the Fitness Room with more cookies and even some donated toys and family games for our Carr Fire families so be sure to swing by and check it out before and after school. That’s in the Fitness Room and will be there throughout the week.
- While I have you on the line, I want to tell you about a cool opportunity coming up soon. Thanks to our Sports Boosters, we will once again be sending our 8th grade boys, cheerleaders, and choir students to the Golden One Center in Sacramento as the boys take on the Boulder Creek Bears on the Kings’ Court on Saturday, February 2nd from 1:00-3:00. Their game will be followed up with NBA action at 7:00 that night as the Kings take on the Philadelphia 76ers. Here’s how it works…when you buy a Kings ticket for the 7:00 game, you get access to watch the boys game at 1:00. No Kings ticket, no boys game. The cost of the ticket is $35 and they are being sold in the Main Office. We have a limited number of tickets so when they are gone, they are gone. Hurry and get yours before they are gone.
- Last thing on my list is a reminder that there will be no school this Friday and we will be out on Winter Break until Tuesday, January 8th. Preschool and Daycare will be available this Friday but closed for the rest of the break.
That’s it for me. Thanks to everyone, especially our community groups Sports Boosters, Music Boosters, CEF, PTO, and our Grant Garden for all that you give and do to help us out. On behalf of all of us, I want to wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season. Make Every Day Count and GO COUGARS!